Navratri is just around the corner and many of you might have even started prepping for it already. Right from decorating the idols of goddess Durga with bangles, flowers and embellished attires to stocking special fasting food items. And what can be a better way of serving the Goddess than offering them some special savories prepared with special Navratri recipes? Later, when you distribute this offering as a Prasad among the rest of the devotees, you are ought to receive a compliment.
Navratri, being one of the most popular Indian festivals, that appears twice a year is celebrated with great zeal and spirituality across the nation. The nine avatars of Goddess Durga are being worshipped throughout this festival. As the name itself suggests ‘Navratri’ refers to the nine auspicious nights of serving 9 incarnations of goddess Durga. A lot of people fast during these days. As a matter of fact, that comforting aroma of Navratri special delicacies is something we all have grown up sniffing.
Who says that fasting food is monotonous? If someone really thinks so, then this blog is going to burst their notion.
Thereupon, to make your Navratri even more special and interesting, run down and try these following amazing Navratri recipes to treat your tastebuds even when you are observing fasts.
1. Kuttu Ka Dosa aka Buckwheat Crepes
For the Filling
- Add crushes potatoes with fasting salt and red chili to a pan smeared with heated ghee.
- Toss the potatoes till they are light brown in color.
- Take it off the stove and place it aside.
For the Dosa
- In a mixing bowl add arbi (Colocasia roots) with buckwheat and salt.
- Mix it well with some water.
- Now add green chilies, red chili powder and mix it well.
- Keep stirring and adding the required amount of water till it achieves a smooth batter like consistency.
- Grease a heated pan with a few drops of ghee.
- Spread a ladle full of batter on it in a circular motion.
- Cook it for some time, until it comes off from the sides itself.
- Now flip over and cook the other side too.
- Now spread the filling on it and wrap it.
- Your navratri special kuttu dosa is ready to be served.
Note: If you are unable to find the ingredients you can place an order online with Big Basket and you can even save extra with Big Basket Offers and Coupons.
2. Low Fat Makhana Kheer aka Foxnuts’ Pudding
- Sauté some makhana (foxnuts) in a deep non-stick pan containing heated ghee (clarified butter). Keep the flame slow and sauté it for 2-3 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- Now coarsely blend these foxnuts in a blender.
- Now bring the milk to boil in a deep non-stick pan and then add coarsely crushed foxnuts and sugar or jaggery as a sugar substitute.
- Cook it on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes and keep stirring occasionally.
- Add nuts to it and mix it well on a medium flame for another 3-4 minutes.
- Your navratri special low-fat makhana kheer is ready to be served.
3. Banana Walnut Lassi aka Banana Walnut Buttermilk
- In a food processor add ¼ cup of low-fat yogurt.
- Add ½ banana, 3-4 walnuts and 1-2 tsp of honey to it.
- Blend it well it achieves a smooth and creamy texture.
- Now transfer it to a glass and serve it chilled, topped with walnuts.
Note: Use only fresh yogurt and high-quality walnuts to make it taste at its best. You can get hold of these fresh ingredients from Nature’s Basket, the online store. Moreover, you can steal the deal with active Nature’s Basket Coupons available round the clock.
4. Paneer Cutlets aka Cottage Cheese Cutlets
- In a mixing bowl, add 2 mashed potatoes and 2 cups of mashed paneer (cottage cheese).
- Add green chili, fasting salt, raisins, black pepper, and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Now combine all the ingredients well to make a dough of it.
- Make uniform cutlets out of this dough in whichever shape you like.
- Now shallow fry these cutlets from both the sides in a pan containing heated clarified butter.
- Fry them till they are golden brown in color.
- Your navratri special paneer cutlets are ready to be served.
5. Fruit Cream aka Indian Fruit and Cream Dessert
- In a mixing bowl add 2 cups of diced fruits (bananas, grapes, pomegranates, apple and so on). Try avoiding citrus fruits.
- Now add ½ cup of fresh cream.
- Add any form of natural sugar like honey, jaggery or rock sugar. You can use castor sugar if none of these are available.
- Now mix all the ingredients wee and allow it to cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve it chill
Note: Use only fresh cream and fruits to amplify the flavor. You can grab these at real bargains from Grofers with Grofers Coupons and Offers.
Enjoy these delectable and delightful Navratri recipes to make this Navratri fasting special for you and your loved ones. Not only this, you can double your happiness by procuring all the ingredients online at the real bargain with amazing coupons and offers available at our portal.
Have a scrumptious and Happy Navratri……