What are Coupons?
According to Wikipedia, a coupon is a ticket or document that can be redeemed for a financial discount or rebate when purchasing a product. In simple words, coupons are a ticket, a document or a certificate issued by the manufacturers to the consumers to avail benefit or discount.
In today’s e-commerce world, an online shopping coupon code or promo code is a computer-generated code. Which consists of letters or numbers. These letters or numbers are entered into a promotional box on a site’s shopping cart or payment page to avail the discount on the purchase.
It is indirectly part of company’s sales promotion strategy. They’re targeted very selectively to regional markets to a carefully curated group of audience.
Types of online discount codes.
Coupon codes are offered in the form of
- Discount on online purchases.
- A certain percentage off on the entire purchase.
- Free shipping
- Other types of discount by the merchant.
The coupon code is referred in the name of following phrases:
- Promotional or promo code.
- Discount code.
- Offer code.
- Gift code
- Digital coupon
Save More with Blockbuster Deals on Dealsshutter
How do shoppers find online coupon codes?
Earlier when the trend of coupon code started, retailers didn’t place them on their website. Instead, coupon codes appeared on related shopping sites so that shoppers can be directed to the retailer’s online store. Today, coupons can be found on the retailer’s website as well as on related shopping sites.
The best way to find a coupon code is by using your favorite search engine ‘Google.’ On typing, coupon code or related term, one can list of websites that offer coupon codes. Shoppers can visit a particular website and compare the coupons available.
For example, if a shopper wants to purchase a dress from Myntra. He or she could find the available coupon code by typing ‘Myntra’s Coupon Codes.’ A list of different websites would be generated and the shopper can visit the website and search for the preferred coupon.
How to redeem the coupon?
There are few different places to enter coupon codes, depending on the type used by the online store. For some sites, the coupon code can be entered in the shopping cart before checking out. For other sites, the coupon code is entered on the order review page. You’ve to be careful before submitting the coupon code and completing your purchase.
What if the coupon code doesn’t work?
Firstly, see if the website has a FAQ section to solve your query. Or you can talk to the customer care service offered by the website. You can explain the customer care representative about the issue with the coupon code and answers.
After entering the coupon code, the website shows how much you’re being charged for the merchandise and how much discount if offered, along with shipping details. If you do not see such details on the order review page, contact the customer care before completing your transaction.
Many times, online sites have an expiration date for a coupon code. Such coupon code with expiration dates can be changed or discontinued as per the merchant. Before availing such offer, always check the expiry date.
It is on a rare occasion that an online site offers the promotion that can be used more than per transaction or per item purchased. Coupon codes are specifically used only once. If you wish to Discount, then contact the retail department and find out if rebates are offered on the item you wish to purchase.
Why do merchants offer coupon codes?
Online portals offer coupon code as a way of incentive to shoppers to attract them on their website. Many online merchants do not offer the coupon code directly on their website. They place the code within affiliate programs or offer promo codes to members only via email newsletters or blog post. Some retail stores offer online coupon codes in print advertising and other forms of business literature.
Coupon Sites in India.
Usually, people look for discount offers on the site they shop. They don’t use discount coupons freely available online. However, with the rising trend of online shopping in India, there are individual sites dedicated to selling discount offers. Such upcoming sites not only offers coupons for shopping but discounts for physical stores, restaurants, hotels, etc.
- Dealsshutter – Dealsshutter is leading websites which provides discount coupons, offers for all types of stores and Brands in India.
- CoupoNation – CoupoNation is a great international site that offers coupons and discounts for more than 2000 stores in India.
- UPto75 – this site offers coupons, sales, and discounts up to 75% in 10 cities of India. Download the coupon free from their website.
- SaveMyRupee – You can get coupons and discounts for online shopping as well as recharge, travel and more.
- CouponCodesIndia – This site offers coupons and deals for shopping on Amazon India, Flipkart, Infibeam, and Yebhi.
- Buy1get1 – get many coupons, deals, and buy1 get 1 free offers on this site.
- GrabOn – Claimed to have 3 million users per month, this site offers authentic coupon and offers.
- Couponraja – They offer extra Cashback along with promotional offers and coupons. You can also avail offline deals in your city.
- FreeKaaMaal – FreeKaaMaal offers the best deal and offers on restaurant, grocery,
entertainment, travel, body art and more.
- CashKaro – You can not only avail free discount coupons and extra cash back from CashKaro but also compare prices across leading online shopping sites.
- Mydala – Mydala is a really good website for online and offline offers in more than 200 cities in India.
Why miss an opportunity to turn your shopping into savings by using the code? It is just a matter of some sense and extra effort. There are hundreds of coupon codes available online. So the next time you shop, you know what you have to do. Happy shopping!